- Remove the top cake layer and box it at the end of the night. Remove any items that won’t freeze well, such as fruit or flowers.
- At home, freeze the cake only out of the box for about 1 hour. This will allow the Frosting to harden but not the entire cake.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and within 10 min. quickly wrap it in plastic wrap three to four times so the frosting does not begin to soften.
- Place the wrapped cake back in the cake box or a Tupperware container using the lid as a plate and the bowl part as a cover.
- Then, if using a box- wrap the entire cake box in three to four layers of plastic wrap. This will keep the taste and texture of the cake fresh. There is no need to wrap Tupperware container because it is already air tight.
- Place the cake box back in the freezer. Leave it there until it is ready to be eaten next year.
Try not to remove it from the freezer within the year. It may affect the cake and it will not keep properly.
- Remove the box on your first anniversary. Un-wrap the box & cake. Place cake back in the box without the plastic wrap.
- Allow the unwrapped cake in the box to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours and then other 1 to2 hours at room temperature & Enjoy!
Give us a call; we’d love to know how your top tier turned out! Thanks & Congratulations! ❤